Across the Globe, We Are United in Our Dedication to Children’s Rights
Who We Are
Legacy Registration No. : SO144202
It’s hereby certify that BAGULA BIKASH SWANIRBHAR GOSTHI has this day been registered under the West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961.
Given under my hand at Nadia this 18th day of April Two Thousand and Seven.
Knowing Bagula Bikash Swanirbhar Gosthi
Our Design and Strategy
- Building and maintaining a connection of empathy, dignity and valuing between the issues of the poor and the rich..
- Leveraging and empowering already available resources, wisdom, time, skills and efforts of people.
- Approaching complex and interwoven challenge of poverty and discard in a human-centered and community driven way.
- Equipping end users in cities and villages to thrive and evolve sustainably.
- Listening deeply to our rural communities with humility, treating people with dignity and respect.
- Working alongside. We facilitate, nudge and empower our partners and communities environmentally and socially to infuse new life and vitality into their communities.
- Being responsive. We are constantly learning, incorporating and addressing from the reality of changing communities, contexts and deepening relationships
- Evolving solutions with, not for the communities we work with.
- Rooting Ideas in Community. Our on ground strategies are built from the context, cultures, knowledge, wisdom, resources, needs, and aspirations of the rural communities we work with.
- Principles Driven. Our reflection, decision-making and action, in the face of complexity and uncertainty is driven by our guiding principals.
— Our Mission & Vision
Bagula Bikash Swanirbhar Gosthi envisions to grow as an idea across regions, economies and countries using urban discard as a tool to alleviate poverty and enhance the dignity of the underprivileged people of the world. Address basic but neglected issues of the poor by involving them in evolving their own solutions with dignity and urban material as reward.
— Guiding Principles
We aim to recognize and value the potential of local resource and traditional wisdom of people.
Our focus is concentrated on the receiver’s dignity instead of the donor’s pride.
We promote circular economy by ensuring maximum use of each material.
We value collaborative efforts with partner organizations to increase effectiveness and scale.
Bagula Bikash Swanirbhar Gosthi views every entity as equal stakeholder in the process of development rather than observing hierarchical relationships.
- To recognize and value the potential of local resource and traditional wisdom of people.
- To focus on the receiver’s dignity instead of the donor’s pride.
- To promote circular economy by ensuring maximum use of each material.
- To collaborate with partner organizations to increase effectiveness and scale.
- To view every entity as equal stakeholder in the process of development rather than observing hierarchical relationships.
- In the race of development we all are too focused on machines i.e. the big, known issues, ignoring the needles- the most important basic needs.
At Bagula Bikash Swanirbhar Gosthi our focus is on the needles.. i.e the small neglected needs while the world focuses on the big machines. With a large scale civic participation, it is becoming a big people’s movement for development.
Bagula Bikash Swanirbhar Gosthi is creating a parallel economy which is not CASH based but TRASH based, where every work doesn’t have to wait for money; instead huge quantities of old re-usable material is turning into a valuable resource. Over the last two decades, a parallel economy is emerging.